How do I map "emails" and "organizations" info from LinkedIn to BuddyPress?

edited October 2018 in Questions

Hello,

I'm having difficulty properly pulling this information over. Here's what I have edited in my theme's function.php

function oa_social_login_store_xprofile ($user_data, $identity)
{
  do_action('bp_setup_globals');

xprofile_set_field_data ('First Name', $user_data->ID, $identity->name->givenName);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Last Name', $user_data->ID, $identity->name->familyName);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('LinkedIn', $user_data->ID, $identity->profileUrl);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Location', $user_data->ID, $identity->currentLocation);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Bio', $user_data->ID, $identity->aboutMe);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Headline', $user_data->ID, $identity->note);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Email', $user_data->ID, $identity->emails->value);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Organization', $user_data->ID, $identity->organizations->name);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Industry', $user_data->ID, $identity->organizations->industry);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Position', $user_data->ID, $identity->organizations->title);
}
add_action( 'oa_social_login_action_after_user_insert', 'oa_social_login_store_xprofile', 10, 2);

Everything is working perfectly except for the last four - email, organization, industry, and position. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• Answer ✓

I found the issue. It requires adding [0] after emails and organizations, i.e.:

xprofile_set_field_data ('Email', $user_data->ID, $identity->emails[0]->value);
    xprofile_set_field_data ('Organization', $user_data->ID, $identity->organizations[0]->name);

Answers

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.