Extension update from 2.8 to 3.4 failed (phpBB 3.2.1)

Hi.
I have extension version 2.8, which i disabled. Then emptied the phpBB cache. Deleted old folder via ftp, uploaded version 3.4 and enabled it from the ACP, which gave me an error of "Module already existing: OA_SOCIAL_LOGIN_ACP".
I reuploaded the 2.8 version and reverted to using it without problems.

How to proceed for successfull version update to 3.4?

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sten,

you should be able to upgrade it without actually wiping it if you launch the query that I posted ;)

Regards,

Answers

• Is there any solution to this?
  • Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited October 2017
    Hi Sten,

you need to fully remove the older plugin (uninstall/delete) before uploading a new version.

To get rid of the error you can execute the following query in your database:
    DELETE FROM `phpbb_modules` WHERE `module_langname` LIKE 'OA_SOCIAL_LOGIN%'

Please note that the table phpbb_modules might have a different name in your database if you are using a different prefix.
  • So does this really mean, I have to delete all extension data and basically start from scratch with configuring the extension from the zero? That is not good upgrade policy, i should say. Previous versions it was sufficient just to disable and delete the plugin files from server without actually wipeing all data.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.