Instagram's new API with Facebook

Hi, since November 2018 we have to implement the new Instagram's API directly with Facebook. To have final validations by Facebook, we have to show to Facebook how the user will be connected by OneAll. I send a ticket to know when the Instagram permission will be added in the OneAll Facebook integration page, but I didn't have answers since December. So, I want to know if you had some news about this.

Thanks for your help.

Christian H.

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Answer ✓

Hi Christian,

we have now added a group Instagram API Access to the Facebook settings in your OneAll account. This groups includes the two permissions that you need.

Does that suit your needs?

Sorry for the delay, but I personally think that adding Instagram scopes to a Facebook login is kind of an awkward solution. Unfortunately Facebook is far from finally merging the Instagram API into the Facebook Graph API and the changes are not clearly documented :/

Regards,

Answers

Hi Christian,

yes, it's on our roadmap and your ticket has not been forgotten.

We currently update Facebook, Google and LinkedIn.
    Once this has been done Instagram will be next.

Regards,

• Oh thanks !

If you are updating Facebook, I suppose it will be done at the same time because Instagram will be in the Facebook API now?

• I'm asking my question again, but the implementation of Instagram will be done with the Facebook API now, have you already planned to add it when you next update Facebook? I really need this feature and I've been contacting you about it for months. I would really like to know if you know when you will be able to put this online please?

• Do you have any news about this case?

edited May 2019

Hi Christian,

could you please tell me which features exactly you need?

The Facebook Instagram API is destinated for the usage with Business/Creator accounts.

The API cannot be used to access non-Business or non-Creator Instagram accounts. If you are building apps for non-Business or non-Creator Instagram users, use the Instagram Platform API instead.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/

If your usage is mainly for personal accounts, then the current API will do the trick.

Regards,

• For now, we only need this access :

-instagram_manage_insights
    -instagram_basic

In the Facebook API.

We will only be able to validate this access with Facebook when OneAll allows us to check this permission in our Facebook's settings. We must show a video to confirm that our users have to accept the terms and conditions and access that we request.

We cannot use the Instagram API directly for our needs. The Instagram Platform API is deprecated. It doesn't matter to us if they're a business or creator users.

Thanks for your help !

• Would you be able to add these permissions soon? It would help me a lot to be able to access these permissions because I have a lot of customers waiting to be able to connect their Instagram with Facebook account in my platform.

• Hi,

I come back with my request for information on the progress of the integration of Instagram's API with Facebook's API?

It is a real need for me to have access to the Facebook Instagram API for the use with Business/Creator accounts.

I need these accesses to generate daily statistics on my users' interactions on the platform. This will provide an overview of the scope of each content creator.

The 2 permissions I need are:
    -instagram_manage_insights
    -instagram_basic

You are free to activate the other permissions for your other users as well.

If it is possible please come back to me about this as soon as possible, I took out a paid subscription in the hope of speeding up the process and I am disappointed that I cannot know when it will be done.

If I use your services, it is because I am satisfied with all the possibilities that OneAll offers for other platforms, but since Instagram no longer allows you to go directly through their API, I must limit myself at this time to waiting for the integration of new permissions with the Facebook API to be functional.

Thank you for your help.

Christian Hamel

• Oh wow thanks a lot !

I will be able to finalize my requests to Facebook. I see it's experimental, I'll come back to you if I have any problems.

Have a good day and thank you again!

edited July 2019

Hello,

Accepted messages are moved to the top ;)
    Please keep me updated!

Regards,

• Oh, sorry, my mistake !

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.