How can I get the social share dialog to close after posting?

I have social share working for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn through social share, but after the user finishes posting, the dialog is still displayed with a spinner:

Social Share Dialog

This is the whole URL of the dialog (removed subdomain and connection token):

https://[subdomain].api.oneall.com/socialize/services/share-dialog/callback/?share_dialog_token=a031cc04-d95a-44b9-be37-4c48428a7c58&share_dialog_action=collect_after_share&connection_token=[connection-token]#=

This is my Angular code:

called in ngOnInit:

intializeOneall() { // plugin, method, html element id, provider _oneall.push( ['share_dialog', 'attach_onclick_display', 'share-dialog-linkedin', 'linkedin'], ['share_dialog', 'attach_onclick_display', 'share-dialog-twitter', 'twitter'], ['share_dialog', 'attach_onclick_display', 'share-dialog-facebook', 'facebook'] ); }

called on button click:

share() { _oneall.push( ['share_dialog', 'set_link', this.link], ['share_dialog', 'set_message', this.message], ['share_dialog', 'set_image', this.image] ); }

Best Answer

• Answer ✓

I've been trying to find the issue.

I think the parent window tries polling the dialog every 500ms checking to see if it can be closed, but I think that postMessage is failing because the dialog is a different origin from my site.

If I override the xd.postMessage function and inspect, This is what I see:

invalid origin

Or I could be totally wrong.

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team

Hello,

thank you very much for the bug report. We are currently investigating this issue.

Best Regards,

Could you please give it another try now?

• Thanks for the reply Claude, I'm still experiencing the same behaviour. FYI this is on Chrome in a WIndows 10 environment.

Hello,

do you have a website where I could have a look at the issue?

Best Regards,

• Hey Claude, no unfortunately this functionality is not public.

Is it possible to setup a screenshare? Or would you want a recording of the issue?

Just for the sake of completeness. This issue was fixed in February ;)

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.