MyBB Social Login Display

edited July 2017 in myBB
I was wondering if their is any variable or code that can be placed on a user's profile to display what social networks they've connected their account to. Thanks! :)

Answers

• Also when ever a user tries to login with their social account it doesn't create an account. It just redirects them to the main page of the website. What's up with this?
  • Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hello,

please open the OneAll Social Login config in your myBB admin area and click on the "Autodetect" and "Verify" buttons.
    Do you get a green success message for each of the tests?

Regards,
  • James_SharpJames_SharpMember
    edited July 2017
    Yeah I do. It's green.
    Hi James,

could you please post a link to your forum?
    I will have a closer look.

Regards,
  • http://ragecounty.com

I disabled social account registration because it wasn't working. Just tell me if you want me to enable it.
    Hi James,

I just gave it a try and connected with Google. It has created a new account for me and in my profile I can see that my myBB account is linked to my Google account. As far as I can see it works correctly.

Regards,
  • When ever I try to register with a social account is says that an error occurred and to try again later.
    Hi James,

sorry for the issues. Apparently this happens only when the social network provides no email address.

Here a new version that fixes the error:
    https://secure.oneallcdn.com/extensions/mybb/1.6x.x-1.8.x/mybb-1.6.x-1.8.x---oneall-social-login-2.5.zip
  • That made my website stop loading completely. I have no idea why.
  • I uninstalled it and it seems my website is still stuck on loading. It was working fine before I installed the plugin.
    edited July 2017
    Hi James,

is rather seems like a server or network issue. Your server does not respond to a PING:
    ping ragecounty.com
    PING ragecounty.com (145.14.145.31) 56(84) bytes of data.
    Bugs in the code do not affect pinging.

• Sorry yeah my host was having issues. The plugin you provided still gives me the error when I try to register a social account to the forums. It keeps saying that an error occurred and to try again later.
  • It only works for Steam at the moment. When I try Google or anything else it doesn't work.
    I have tried Google, Twitter and Steam. All work for me.
    What exactly happens in your case?
  • It redirects me to a page saying that I need to try again because an error occurred. I am then redirected again to my home page.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.